As our community works together in our continued fight against the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus, we wish all of you good health. While the last many months have created some challenges for all, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our locations are following various infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), as well as the Pennsylvania Department of health (PADOH). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ guidelines.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Masking: Face masks are now optional at our office for both staff and patients. If you feel more comfortable or if you have any cold symptoms, please wear your mask as a caution. Please note that masks are still required at all times at our surgical center.
- Screening: You’ll be asked the COVID-19 screening questions when you arrive at the office.
- Hand Hygiene: All patients, visitors, and staff have access to use hand sanitizer and facilities for washing their hands.
- Environment: Common areas are cleaned routinely, and patient care areas and equipment are disinfected between each patient. You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments: Some delays may still be experienced in scheduling your appointment so that we can properly manage patient volume and flow, as necessary.
- Limiting Visitors: Guests and other visitors may be restricted. Unless necessary, visitors or those accompanying a patient are encouraged to wait in their vehicles. We will do our best to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Social Distancing: Our waiting rooms have been arranged to accommodate social distancing recommendations. We ask that patients and visitors follow social distancing recommendations, whenever possible, in our facilities.
While we continue to adapt to the current and changing circumstances around the various safety measures in place, we look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. Our desire is to keep you and every patient safe in our practice locations.
We value your trust and loyalty and want to thank you for being our patient. Call us today at 814-536-5343 to schedule your next appointment. We look forward to safely seeing you again!